College and Graduate Students
The U.S.-China Institute offers various programs and resources for college and graduate students to support China studies at Bryant:
- China Seminar Series: Every month during the school year, a prominent China scholar or expert is invited to Bryant campus to share his or her areas of expertise. The seminars are free and open to students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Summer Internship and Immersion in China: This 10-week program is designed for students who want to improve their language skills in an immersion environment and engage in an internship with a Chinese company to gain first-hand global business experience. The program offers up to 12 credits, including Chinese courses, a modern China history course, a China business course, and an internship.
- Sophomore Experience in China: As part of Bryant's Sophomore International Experience (SIE), this program includes a 12 day trip to China to discover and experience one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Students can earn 3 credits upon completion of this program.
- Language Events: In collaboration with Bryant's Modern Languages Department, the U.S.-China Institute offers tutorial assistance, resources, events, and an immersion environment to make language learning relevant, effective, and fun.
- Confucius Library : Over 6,000 books and items on almost all aspects of China studies are available to borrow.
- Resources: With its staff of China experts and the Confucius Library, the U.S.-China Institute offers unique resources to Bryant and the broader community. The Institute has also carefully compiled a list of online resources on many areas of China studies.